Tuesday, 2 November 2010

True Stories - Prompt 2

....and there's more!  Sorry to do all of this in one day - I knew I would!


Anyhow, prompt number 2 encouraged us to take a look at including numbers and letters in our layouts.  I did consider an A-Z of how lovely my daughter is, but to be honest she hears it all the time anyhow so there'd be no point!  Another idea which I may try in the near future is a list of house numbers that we've lived at, leading on to our current house, which has a name instead, in a kind of "who needs a number anyhow?" kind of way.  All noted in my True Stories notebook for future use!


However in the end I decided to do a layout covering this year's biggie - turning 40!  At this point I'll admit that I'm no saint, I hadn't actually kept a diary but I popped up to our local friendly stationery shop initially looking for a student half year diary but couldn't find one I liked.  The nice lady in the shop did say however that she had some whole year diaries left over and sold me an A5 page a day one for a matter of pence as it would only be useful for a couple of months!  Little does she know....!


We spent my birthday in Wales, to escape all the usual birthday "tricks" of posters on lampposts and baby photos in the paper, and had a wonderful time.  It's my favourite place to visit anyhow and we really did have a good holiday.  We were really lucky with the weather and visited a different place every day, so there were plenty of photos to choose from.  The result was 7 Days and 7 Ways to Celebrate Turning 40 - sorry the photo's so dark.





2 comments:

  1. Great layout - I like that you were able to use the 7 for the days and the ways. We spent my 40th birthday in London, something I never would have expected I would (or could afford to do) being from Texas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Melissa! I bet you had a fantastic 40th in London. You making it all the way from Texas is a good lesson because I let just being the other side of the country stop me going - I should definitely try harder!!

    ReplyDelete