Thursday, 4 November 2010

True Stories - Prompt 5

Have had a horrible cold and fallen a bit behind now - not that it matters really of course!


Prompt 5 is all about having a bit of fun and filling in the blanks.  I'd never heard of Mad-Libs until Shimelle mentioned them.  I had a quick play around on the website to get used to the idea and then decided to do a halloween version then of course roll on cold, feeling bleh, not wanting to do anything blah-dy, blah-dy, blah, so I've now updated to a firework version - hurray!  Mum was looking after Holly for me yesterday evening as I had a meeting to go to, so I sent them a couple of blank versions and here are the results - hope you enjoy them as much as I did.....


Mum's version:-


Tonight's The Night - The Story of a Firework.
My name is Twinkle and I am a sparkler.  I get excited on 5th November because it's what I was created for.  When someone sets fire to my head I come alive and live up to my name.  I twinkle and fizz and it feels amazing; I'm the centre of attention, the children love me because I'm not a noisy banger.


Holly's version:-


Explosions - The Story of a Firework.
My name is Holly and I am a small little Catherine wheel.  I enjoy 5th November because I hang up high where everyone can see me go poof, poof, poof.  When someone sets fire to my buttusmaximus I shriek with excitement and it feels fantastic!


Buttusmaximus?????  What is this child learning at school?!  Please feel free to add your own version - promise not to be shocked at any words you might make up!

1 comment:

  1. Love both of these. Love your mum's descriptions and erm .... yeah, what are they teaching our children. But in her defence, it could have been so much worse!!

    ReplyDelete