Tuesday, 2 November 2010

True Stories - Prompt 1

Shimelle's Prompt Number 1 starts with....



"Writing things down takes guts. It’s one thing to think something in your head, but to commit it to paper is another thing entirely. Things are more real, more concrete and more lasting once the ink is dry, and for that very reason everything about writing your true stories is daring. Know that from the beginning: you are taking a stance and making a decision by writing. There’s nothing wishy-washy or non-committal about pen and
paper. As far as I see it, to write is to be strong."

I'll not reveal any more - you can sign up for the course yourself if you want to know more!  I thoroughly recommend it, or any of Shimelle's other courses for that matter; they're all very inspirational.


Anyhow, prompt number 1 talks about questions and answers.  To begin with I thought I'd come up with 3 FAQ's about me and then answer them, but to be honest none of them were very inspirational, and I can answer the main one for you now - yes, my hair is like that naturally and there's nothing I can do about it!  Instead I decided to focus on the questions which get asked most in this house - has my 11 year old daughter looked after her teeth properly today?!  Yes, honestly, that's it.  She's an absolute NIGHTMARE when it comes to her teeth.  She has a real phobia about pulling them out, and therefore won't scrub them hard once they become loose and as a consequence now has big teeth growing behind and in front of baby teeth and even a couple of teeth which have cracked.  The dentist says they'll come out in time, but I'm beginning to wonder.  Anyway, my layout's a bit of a lighthearted look at something that really does worry me - hopefully the journalling "answers" inside the tooth will make her smile instead of feel even more nagged than she is!  


Hopefully I can look back on this and go "ahhh" instead of "arghhhhh" one day!

No comments:

Post a Comment